15 February 1852 – 20 June 1923) was a Princess of Battenberg and, by marriage, the Princess of Erbach-Schönberg. She worked as a writer and translator..
5 October 1858 – 20 January 1896) was a morganatic descendant of the Grand Ducal House of Hesse, later becoming a member of the British Royal Family, through his marriage to Princess Beatrice.
Louis Mountbatten, 1st Marquess of Milford Haven, (24 May 1854 – 11 September 1921), formerly Prince Louis of Battenberg, was a British naval officer and German nobleman related to the British royal family.
(24 September 1861 – 31 July 1924), was the youngest son of Prince Alexander of Hesse and by Rhine and Countess Julia von Hauke.At one time, he was considered for the throne of Bulgaria, which eventually went to his brother Alexander.
Children of Prince Alexander of Hesse and by Rhine & Countess Julia Hauke:
Princess Marie Caroline
Prince of Erbach-Schönberg
1. Alexander, Prince of Erbach-Schönberg (1872 – 1944)
2. Count Maximilian of Erbach-Schönberg ( 1878 –1892)
3. Prince Victor of Erbach-Schönberg (1880 – 1967)
4. Princess Marie Elisabeth of Erbach-Schönberg (1883–1966)
Prince Louis Alexander
of Hesse and by Rhine
of Battenberg / Count von Hartenau
1. Count Asen of Hartenau
2. Countess Tsvetana of Hartenau
of the United Kingdom
1. Alexander Mountbatten (1886-1960)
2. Princess Victoria Eugenie of Battenberg (1887-1969)
3. Lord Leopold Mountbatten (1889-1922)
4. Prince Maurice of Battenberg (1891-1914)
Prince Franz Joseph